By Samuel Koranteng-Pipim, PhD 

Do you realize that, there are huge numbers of people searching for truth, and that God is opening huge doors of opportunity for that to happen? EAGLESonline seeks to fulfill this need—especially among thought-leaders and difficult-to-reach segments of society. (EAGLESonline, which I currently direct, is the umbrella organization for our two Centers for Leadership Development). Thus, we kicked off the new year (2015) with two major missionary trips to two different continents—Asia and Africa.

Below is a brief report:

1. VISIT TO CHINA (January 2015)

For the first time, our EAGLESonline team visited China this January. We went to a very cold region, somewhere between Russia and North Korea, with temperatures sometimes 30 degrees below freezing point. This life-changing trip to China gave us an opportunity to learn and share.

Words are not adequate to describe the experience. I can only say that our hearts are warmed by the fact that we have friends and family everywhere. Color is not a barrier, for whether white, yellow or black, we are all children of the same heavenly Father. Language is also not a sufficient obstacle, for with heart and acts, the communication of love and acceptance got through to us loud and clear. We were touched so deeply and it will take the rest of our lives for us to relive the experience.

At the appropriate time, and as circumspection permits, we shall share more. For now, we can only say that, despite the differences in political and economic systems, the people of China share the same human needs and aspirations as people anywhere. And as in every place, these existential human longings are also sufficiently met by the living Christ. We urge you to pray for the great country of China and its wonderful people.

2. VISIT TO GHANA (February 2015)

A few days after the trip to China, I traveled to Ghana, at the invitation of a well-respected Christian Stateswoman of another faith and also the students on a secular university campus. Both events were designed to bring the gospel to difficult-to-reach segments of society. The Lord surprised us on this trip.

Here are some highlights from the trip to Ghana:

(1) A 2-day Leadership Conference on “Integrity and Excellence in the Marketplace” (This was a paid conference for business personnel, corporate and religious leaders). I was one of 5 presenters. As a result of this conference, invitations have started pouring in from various organizations. Doors are opening to share the Word and to give inspiration and hope.

(2) A one-week Bible Lecture Series at the University of Education-Kumasi,  a public university that trains teachers. There were two sessions every day, one at 5:00 AM and the other at 7:00 PM. Daily attendance was between 300-350. The lectures on this secular university campus not only greatly changed perceptions to Biblical teachings, but also resulted in 18 baptisms at the end of the one-week).

(3) A 1-hour Bible Devotional  to the staff of a leading Human Resource company. The subject presented,”Excellence in Disappointment,” was very well received. It opened up an opportunity to minister to some key staff members who were battling with major challenges.

(4) An Impromptu 2-hour Home Visit & Presentation  to a select audience of ten non-Ghanaian citizens. (The influential host of this event had come to Ghana on a short visit. While in her home country, she had been exposed to my writings and recorded messages and had been richly blessed by them. Thus, upon hearing of my presence in Ghana and my plans to leave for the States the next day, she urgently sought to see me in person. Within an hour of that impromptu request she had arranged for other nationals of her country to join her). The select group that I met included three politically influential African personalities, one of who plans to run for the presidency of her country. Inspired and impacted by the 2-hour presentation I made, the group has invited me to that particular African country to give similar lectures to thought-leaders, government officials, and university students. Pray for this group as they work out the logistics. 

YOUR PRAYER SUPPORT 

Thank you for your continued prayers for us. (i) Pray that the Lord will continue to open doors in strategic locations to reach though-leaders. (ii) Pray also that the Lord will give us the messages needed and for EAGLESonline to develop appropriate resources that speak to the needs of the difficult-to-reach segments of society. (iii) Pray that the weekly thought-nuggets we share with the world will continue to impact thousands. (iv) Finally, pray that the Lord will keep us faithful as we take the everlasting gospel to new frontiers.

The fields are truly ripe. Why not be an active laborer for the Lord?

“Thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing” (2 Corinthians 2:14, 15). 

—Samuel Koranteng-Pipim, PhD
February 27, 2015